[Gllug] SCSI and /dev

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Mar 3 12:21:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:41:42AM +0000, Doug wrote:
> On Wed 03 Mar Bruce Richardson wrote:
> > You could try devfs, which has some flaws but does give you a /dev
> > structure that reflects the kernel's internal device naming scheme.
>
> udev is almost certainly a better bet:

Not at the moment, I think.  It's still lacks most of the useful
functions of devfs.  While devfs has some known issues, it is still
being maintained (if not by the original developer) and is stable for
most purposes.  udev is still a beta project.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock