[Gllug] re: HTML Mail

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Mar 3 11:38:20 UTC 2004

Rev Simon Rumble writes:

>>   http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~hsaka/w3m/#img
>>   http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~hsaka/w3m/mapion.png
>
>I presume these are using similar hacks to what Word Perfect used to
>use on Wyse terminals to show a print preview?  That was pretty
>impressive.

No. IIRC, they're finding the position and size of the window, calculating
where the image should go, and overlaying it as a borderless window on top
of the terminal. Then they have some clever magic to move the position of
the image and clip it as appropriate when the user scrolls through the page.

It's a horrible hack, but it actually works really well.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk