[Gllug] A music player that doesn't suck?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Mar 5 11:40:39 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> Tried Mplayer? Mostly used for movies, but it can also play mp3's as I
> founf out when I destroyed xmms one time.

Perhaps I should have been more specific.  I want a music player with
a GUI.  I know I can do it all with mpg321, but that's not what I'm
looking for.

There is, of course, an optional mplayer GUI.  But I've always heard,
from the mplayer developers, that it's crap.  Has this changed?  Never
bothered to compile it in.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Famous remarks are very seldom quoted correctly."
- Simeon Strunsky
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk