[Gllug] Toliken. Was: Some SCO news

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Wed May 26 13:02:07 UTC 2004

Nick Richards wrote:
>>RMS as Meriadoc or Pippin - he's obviously a tree-hugger ;)
>
> He seems closer to Faramir to me:
>
>     "But fear no more! I would not take this thing, if it lay by the
> highway. Not were Minas Tirith falling in ruin and I alone could save
> her, so, using the weapon of the Dark Lord for her good and my glory.
> No, I do not wish for such triumphs, Frodo son of Drogo."
>     The Two Towers: "The Window on the West," p. 280

One of my complaints about the films is how they portrayed Faramir in
TTT - which completely goes against this. Sure he relents later, but
it's not very convincing. From what I recall of the books (and your
quote suggests) he's supportive of Frodo and Sam right from the start. I
need to go back and re-read them again really. *adds to bottom of
reading list*

--
Stuart
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk