[Gllug] Local Debian apt proxies

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon May 24 11:44:50 UTC 2004

On Mon 24 May, Doug Winter wrote:

> On Thu 20 May Chris Bell wrote:
> >    I have a Debian Woody box running apt-proxy, but the similar prog on
> > Sarge is apt-cacher. Can anyone please tell me whether I should start a new
> > local proxy for Sarge on a new Sarge box, or should the existing apt-proxy
> > cope with both Woody and Sarge together? There is adequate space, but I do
> > not want to mix software versions on some boxes. Thanks.
>
> apt-proxy will work in sarge, serving any combination of versions (i use
> it this way here).
>
> doug.

   Thanks, I have found the correct combination of server and client configs
to download the latest jigdo files for Debian Sarge through apt-proxy on a
Woody box, and it seems to be working apart from a persistent "not found"
error on 395 files required for the 2004-05-22 ISO-1. Not sure whether
either the temporary installation of Sarge on an old box is looking for a
previous partial download, or the files really are missing so the Woody box
is looking in vain. ISO's 2, 3, and 4 are now complete, 5 about half way, 6
to 13 not started, but at least I will have most of the files already in
apt-proxy ready for the next full version due out next weekend.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk