[Gllug] Disk Wipe

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon May 24 11:38:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 12:01, FORSTER, David wrote:
> Hi,

> Ideally I would like to be able to use a Knoppix CD to do this, and if
> anyone can suggest a method that I can use which will either wipe individual
> files OR whole disks then that would be the icing on the cake :o)

If the machines have floppies,
how about using a Toms Root Boot floppy http://www.toms.net/rb/
and customising the init script to run the 'dd' at the end?
All you'd have to do was put the floppy in and reboot.

Again, keep the floppy well locked up in a big black box marked
with black writing: "Don't Open This Box"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk