[Gllug] Any bank not in the dark ages?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue May 4 15:24:46 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Richard Jones wrote:

> Is there ANY UK bank out there that has a good quality web interface
> which lets you do this stuff easily and quickly online??  I can't
> believe how hard and expensive it is ...

Up until a few months ago I would have suggested Citibank.  They don't
have an automagic interface for these kinds of things, but their
moved their call centre to Bombay.

It's not a language or cultural thing, the problem is that the UK guys
don't respond to requests from the Bombay guys.  Before, I guess, they
could wander down the stairs with a cricket bat.  Now, they put in a
"priority request" which is supposed to be answered in 24 hours.
Three days later, they put in another "priority request" to see what's
happening with the first one.

Call centre hell.  Citibank are now Shittybank in my book.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Grub first, then ethics.