[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri May 14 09:54:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:32:09AM +0100, Chris wrote:

>    This is during the initial installation/reboot, so I have little control
> over the contents of the kernel.

Do you mean the reboot that Debian does after the installation of the
main system but before final package selection/configuration?  If so,
then you do have some control.  If nothing else, you can alt-arrow to a
different tty, go find the scripts that do the fsck and disable them.
'
I would still recommend installing Woody and then upgrading to Sarge.
The Woody installer isn't the friendliest of beasts but it is very
stable.  If the beta-quality Sarge installer is giving you problems,
that's the easiest way round it.

--
Bruce

Remember you're a Womble.