[Gllug] Geeknic

James R. R. Tullett jamest at iotia2.uklinux.net
Fri May 21 21:40:38 UTC 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 10:23 am, John Hearns wrote:
> The subject of the Geeknic comes to mind,
> given the appearance of the sun over the last few days.
>
> Not trying to step on Richard's toes if he is planning another
> Bletchley Park visit.
>
> Anyway, how about a visit to the London IMAX?
> I'd like to see Apollo 13, but it is not on their schedule.
> Problem being that doesn't exactly encourage us beyond the M25
>
> Another idea I had was a visit to Duxford to see the SR-71 etc.
>
> Contributions from the gallery?
1)
If we ever plan to go to Bletchley Park could the organiser /please/ check
that the train service to London is actually working that weekend?  I seem to
recall at least one attempt to visit BP when the line was shut down for
repairs.   This is somewhat limiting for those without motorised transport;
whereas BP is a longish but reasonable walk from Bletchley railway station.

2) Duxford sounds good too.
3) So what's on at IMAX?
--
James Tullett