[Gllug] MS talks honestly about Linux

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 18 10:50:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 11:40:42AM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 11:29, Chris Bell wrote:
> > On Tue 18 May, John Hearns wrote:
> >

> > > Sadly won't be able to go.
> > > But I think we need a GLLUG penguin suit just for occasions like these.
> > >

> >    We might be more visible, but would we be taken seriously?
>
> First they ignore us,
> then they laugh at us,
> then they fight us,
> then we win.
>

> Actually, we're probably well past the laughing stage now.
> But a good bit of humour never hurts.
> Have found a costume hire place with a penguin suit...
> I really can't spare the time, but it would be such a laugh
> to have someone there, plus a helper with a bucket of (fake) herrings.

They had a couple of penguins at the linuxuser expo, but the costume hire
must have been two quid at most - these things looked like they needed the
WWF (or shooting). Dirty, matted fur - poor things.

As an aside, your Ghandi quote reminds me - redhat have a video where
they use this quote near the end (along with various others relating
to famous inventions derided at their inception). Does anyone know
where I can get this from? I searched a while back but got nowhere.

Thanks,

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk