[Gllug] XUL chrome in home directory?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed May 5 10:29:52 UTC 2004

The closest I've found so far is this page:

http://xulplanet.mozdev.org/notes/quicksetup.php

where the instructions are perfectly clear, but they basically don't
work.  Is it possible to add the installed-chrome.txt file into the
<profiledir>/chrome/ ?  I tried this, deleted chrome.rdf from that
directory, restarted Mozilla (again!) and it rebuild chrome.rdf, but
with no mention of my package, and chrome:/... URLs still not working.

I also tried actually putting the package into the <profiledir>/chrome
directory, but Mozilla ignores it and chrome: URLs don't work.

I'm at a loss now .....  I don't understand how they managed to make
it so hard for newbies.  Is this some deliberate plot to stop people
developing XUL apps?

Rich.

http://www.winwinsales.co.uk/ - CRM improvement consultancy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk