[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon May 17 14:42:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Christian Smith wrote:

> Just curious. Why not install the base system onto the SCSI disk?
>
> That will probably give you better performance, as the most commonly used
> components (the base system) will have lower latencies.

I'm inclined to disagree with you on that one. In almost any system the
most common use for storage is access to data rather than access to
programs and as such you want to ensure that your data is available from
faster storage if possible.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk