[Gllug] Gnome 2.6, mixer applet help

Ian Norton inorton at iee.org
Tue May 11 10:31:51 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

Ive been playing with the gnome 2.6 packages in debian experimental and
might i say i am impressed. it feels nice,
just like when i used to use my atari :-) i like it,

however...

today (and only today) i have been having bother with the mixer_applet2
thing

it happily tells me that it cannot open /dev/sound/mixer.

the odd thing is, that the following all work from the same environment

gnome-volume-control
aumix
esound
xmms

even my multimedia buttons work, except the volume control ones wont do
anythin cos they are blocked by the stupid
applet.

I have devfs running fine and can easily alter the sound mixer levels
with EVERY other esd or oss mixer thing i could find.

help :-p i want my little multimedia volume buttons to work again :-)

Regards

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk