[Gllug] powerpoint files

NorthLondon John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 11 12:40:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've just run into .ppt files for the first time. (And hopefully the
last.)
I've tried opening them with open office 1.0.3 on mac os x, and they
don't display absolutely correctly. I'm about to download OOo 1.1 for
linux, & hopefully that'll work better.

What I really need to do is convert these files into another format:
something easily viewable, standard and non-proprietory - perhaps html.
Is such a thing possible? What programs are available for this?

Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm having a bad-google-day.

FYI, the files I need to read come from:
http://uk.sco.com/events/Partner_Briefings/nov_2003/presentations/
index.html

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk