[Gllug] Drive array speed

A J Chapman anth at sdf-eu.org
Sat May 29 11:44:53 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 23:14, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> I am always amazed, and dismayed, by the gross misunderstanding that
> people have with regards to RAID controllers. Only marginally worse is
> the "there's no difference between hardware and software RAID" crowd.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. Are you amazed at my
description of a board which is basically a small UPS and doesn't add
any processing power or memory to the raid controller? Or are you
dismayed that I'm surprised that without this board performance wouldn't
be competitive with typical desktop PC?

Thanks to all who replied, by the way.

--
I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but
I don't always agree with them - George Bush
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk