[Gllug] Evolution Connector

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed May 12 11:30:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:02:13PM +0100, john at sinodun.org.uk wrote:
> > I saw this on a Fedora list. The topic of groupware/email
> > and Exchange connectivity has come up several times on GLLUG,
> > so this is on-topic.
> > Evolution Connector will become available for free from 14th May
> >
> > http://www.novell.com/products/connector/download.html
>
> What's always puzzled me about the Evolution offering is that, as far as I
> can discover, you can't have shared diaries without Exchange.  Rather than
> a plug-in for Exchange, a much more useful product would be a free
> (speech) central component which enabled shared diaries etc.

Why would it need to have a central component at all?  It seems to me
it would be perfectly possible to have shared diaries just using
email, with no centralized state at all.

Rich.

MOD_CAML lets you run type-safe Objective CAML programs inside the Apache
webserver. http://www.merjis.com/developers/mod_caml/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk