[Gllug] DHCP, Bind9 and DDNS setup

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed May 5 18:15:32 UTC 2004

Hi All,

[SuSE9.0 Bind-9.2.2-31 dhcp-server-3.0.1rc12-13]

I'm trying to set up dhcpd and bind to provide dynamic dns here at home.
DHCP is working fine wrt assigning IP addresses to a test box, and dns
is likewise responding correctly to digs for the single defined entry.

I have followed the DDNS instructions
in /usr/share/doc/packages/dhcp-server as well as taking note or the
chrood info in the dhcp and bind readmes. Files have the following
ownership and permissions:

/etc/dhcp.conf 		root:root rw-r--r--
/etc/named.conf	root:named rw-r-----
/etc/named.keys	root:named rw-r--r--
/var/lib/named/dyn/[dylan.me.uk.zone | 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa]
named:named rw-rw-r--

directory /var/lib/named/dyn had named:named drwxr-xr-x

Both chroot jails have a copy of /etc/named.keys

I have uploded dhcpd.conf, named.conf, dylan.me.uk.zone and
192.168.0.zone to www.dylan.me.uk

Any assistance / suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"