[Gllug] GnuPG signatures

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon May 3 15:08:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:53:19AM +0100, Chris wrote:
>    Is there a good reason for the difference, such as better security, or
> are they just two alternatives?

The inline method is older and predates good mime-handling in many
clients.  It's about time more clients caught up with this method.

> Are the separate attachments really
> necessary?

It's a cleaner technical solution, for all of the same reasons that
mime-encoding file attachments is superior to uuencoding.

--
Bruce

I must admit that the existence of Disneyland (which I know is real)
proves that we are not living in Judea in AD 50. -- Philip K. Dick
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk