[Gllug] Mail forwarding

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue May 11 14:57:49 UTC 2004

Simon Perry writes:

>I am setting up an email to fax gateway that will reside in a small
>network that already has an externally managed firewall/mail server. My
>original plan was to get any mail addressed to the fax
>(addressee at 020########.fax) relayed from the managed box to the fax
>gateway, however the company that manages that box has flatly refused.

I'm not surprised. You may have more like if you use something like
addressee at 020######.fax.your.domain.

>I want to keep things as simple as possible for the users and not force
>them to swap sending account in their mail program each time they want
>to send a fax. I have very little experience with the actual mechanics
>of email delivery. So what I am looking for are suggestions for the
>simplest way to allow the users to have one sending setting but for the
>mail to be routed as required.

I'm guessing that your ISP gives you access to your email via POP3 and/or
IMAP. If so, you're not likely to get very far, and may need to get a new
ISP (or rather, a new "company that manages the box").

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk