[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri May 14 11:30:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:24:13PM +0100, Chris wrote:
> On Fri 14 May, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:32:09AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> > >
> > >    This is during the initial installation/reboot, so I have little control
> > > over the contents of the kernel.
> >
> > Do you mean the reboot that Debian does after the installation of the
> > main system but before final package selection/configuration?  If so,
> > then you do have some control.  If nothing else, you can alt-arrow to a
> > different tty, go find the scripts that do the fsck and disable them.
> > '
>    That's correct, although I do think it is worth doing the fsck.ext2 on a
> normal re-boot, so would not want to completely disable the facility.

You don't have to disable it forever, just until you can get a properly
functioning system.  It would give you the opportunity to either compile
in the right scsi module or set up an initrd image.

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.