[Gllug] Distro for 64M machine

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri May 21 11:04:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:03:12AM +0100, Jason wrote:
> Personally I don't think there is a whole lot of difference in which
> distro you choose.

I agree.  The choice of applications will be far more relevant.  If it's
performing simple server tasks (mail or file sharing for a small office)
then it's OK but any heavy applications will be slow.

The real handicap on that box is the memory.  Boost that to 128 or 256
and it will perform very respectably.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.