[Gllug] Fedora or Fed-up

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri May 28 12:31:41 UTC 2004

Amias Channer wrote:

>  What success/disaster have people had with Fedora Core 2 as a desktop
>  system ?

All seemed to work for me - I started from pre-release CDs (test3 iirc)
and haven't hit any problems yet.

The yum package-updating system seems OK, but seems to spend a long time
checking/downloading headers if you're not on broadband.

Someone else mentioned how to get mp3/video playback.

The only thing I've noticed is that my Firefox browser seems to have
lost track of anti-aliased fonts again. I presume it's using older
libraries, and will sort itself out when 0.9 is released. I should point
out that it ships with mozilla 1.6 which looks just fine.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk