[Gllug] Any bank not in the dark ages? Smile

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Thu May 6 14:05:35 UTC 2004

On May 05, 09:11, Sarah Ewen wrote:
> > Any opinions on Smile smile.co.uk?
> >
> > I've been thinking about moving my account over to
> > smile/coop (which run their stuff on sun/solaris).
>
> I really, really hope this is just an infortunate start
> though, as I like the thought of banking with an ethical
> bank. It used to be that you couldn't access their site from a
> Mac, but I think that may have been resolved.

I have been with the coop for over 18 mths now and had a very shakey
start but since then they have been very good.  Nasty cheap credit cards
however, with my previous the laminating was poor and it literally
peeled apart on me and the latest the name of the Cooperative bank has
worn off.

At the end of the day they are the only choice I have ethically but I
would like to see another bank go ethical to create a bit of
competition.

Peace Jim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk