[Gllug] Linux on a box with mixed discs

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri May 14 09:55:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 10:15, Tethys wrote:
> "Martin A. Brooks" writes:

> I don't know why people are so intent on building static support for SCSI
> into the kernel[1]. That's what initrd is for...

2.6 can use initramfs which should provoke fun and games.
I''ve Googled, but can't find a good up-to-date explanation.

I had thought this would be handy for setting up our cluster slave
nodes, but its probably not appropriate for that.

I read abot initramfs when I saw an article on the kexec patch,
which enables swapping of kernels on a running system.
Scary stuff, but I would like to give it a whirl.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk