[Gllug] RAID Partitions

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon May 10 13:19:48 UTC 2004

John Hearns writes:

>I have used DRBD http://www.drbd.org to set up a high availability
>cluster.

I haven't yet, but have been meaning to do so for a while (since the
UKUUG Bournemouth conference, in fact). People might also want to look
at Peter Breuer's NetRAID work. However, I'm steering clear of that,
as they've sacrificed data integrity to get extra performance. Which
is fine for certain applications, but useless for me (and I suspect
most people -- performance is nice, but data integrity is far more
important in all but a few specific cases).

>Maybe I should give a talk on failover clusters to GLLUG someday.

Yes please.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk