[Gllug] Fedora DVDs

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue May 18 12:12:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 11:23, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> I suspect that FC2 with the 2.6 kernel is using LVM v2, where as
> FC1 with 2.4 kernel  is still LVM v1 & wouldn't be surprised if
> they introduced a new partition type to represent v2.

This from Alexandre Olivia on the Fedora list:

> Is there any way I can force my system to use LVM1 without
> downgrading the kernel to 2.4?

LVM2 binaries, along with DM and the supporting infrastructure in the
kernel, support both LVM1 and LVM2 on-disk formats.  LVM1 binaries,
however, don't support DM, and the 2.4 LVM infrastructure in the
kernel is gone in 2.6, replaced by DM.

So, AFAIK, in order to use the lvm-1.* binaries, you'll have to go
back to 2.6.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk