[Gllug] Good linux magazines?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 19:59:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 20:21 +0000, John Southern wrote:

> American layout tends to have the tail of an article some pages on.
> Typically something like the American Reader's Digest will end each article
> block with a "continues on page nn"
> This is all a matter of style.

I have always detested the American practice - if I'm reading an article
I like to read from start to end without having to go hunting for the
second half. It's always seemed to me that the reason for it was to hook
readers by the first half article, then make them wade over pages of
adverts to reach the second half, which frequently shared its half page
with an ad.

My 2p worth,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk