[Gllug] Good linux magazines?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Nov 10 09:46:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:58:01PM +0000, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> Perhaps I've got you the wrong way round? Are you saying space costs
> more on the web? Or that ideas have to be thought through before
> publishing? Surely typesetting etc. makes the time from thought to
> printed word much longer and more costly?

The web, taken as a whole, obviously contains a lot of crap, and one
can safely state that the overall quality of writing online is much
worse than in print.  But there's a difference between the whole body
of writing, and the really really good stuff.  Luckily because of
online "navigators"[1] - mainly bloggers and blogging sites from
Slashdot upwards - it's easy to find the good stuff.

http://www.nooranch.com/synaesmedia/wiki/wiki.cgi?TheAttentionEconomy

Rich.

[1] I'm using the term navigators in the sense used in the excellent
book "Blown to Bits" http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/087584877X

--
Richard Jones.  http://www.annexia.org/  http://www.j-london.com/
Learn Objective CAML - http://www.merjis.com/developers