[Gllug] USB A4 flatbed scanners

N.Pauli npauli at st-johns.org.uk
Wed Nov 10 09:33:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov, NorthLondon John wrote:

> I use a Canon Lide I got from Morgans for about £30 a while back. Works
> fine.
> Drifting off topic, have you actually had any problems with scanners
> before? As far as I can tell, XSane does wonders - for OS X, I've
> actually dumped the native software and use XSane via Fink.
> No expert in these things, but as far as I can tell, scanners are
> considerably easier to configure than printers, so they shouldn't
> really give you any problems.

I agree that scanners are marvellously easy to setup now - as long as they
work in the first place. I've got a Canon Lide that I could use but its a
newer model and is a non-starter. Looking for a slightly older scanner from
Morgan is an excellent idea - thanks for the suggestion.

Nigel

--
Nigel Pauli
Network Manager