[Gllug] multi-personality GUI mail program ?

Sharon Kimble sharonm63 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 20:43:07 UTC 2004

On Monday 01 Nov 2004 16:26, Mamading Ceesay wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:38:50 +0000, Geo <george at saltmine.org.uk> wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest a pref. GUI mail program that is capable of being used
> > by my various persona that keeps a separate in box for each
>
> Sylpheed allows you to specify the default inbox of your choice for
> each of your accounts.

Sylpheed and its development partner program Sylpheed-claws both store their
emails in separate little files, one for each email, which very soon eat up
oodles of space. I used sylpheed-claws and its mail folder took 6 gigabytes
whereas using KMail, the same mail folder takes 342mbs. I liked the program,
but I didn't like the amount of space that it took up, and I hated all the
little mboxes that it generated.

Just my take, yours might be different :)

Sharon.
--
 20:34:27 up  3:21,  1 user,  load average: 1.18, 1.11, 1.09
Linux is like a wigwam, no windows, no gates, apache inside.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk