[Gllug] alternative to ETH_P_ALL

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Thu Nov 11 00:52:27 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

Im hoping there is a network hacker lurking..

Basically im writing a kernel module, I want to munge some/all of the network
traffic going directly to and from my box,

if i register a packet handler under ETH_P_IP i only get incoming IP datagrams
and not any generated locally, using ETH_P_ALL instead 'does' give me all in
and outbound datagrams but also gives me stuff like ARP or IPX which I really
really dont want.

any suggestions for grabbing outgoing IP datagrams locally without having to
patch existing code?

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk