[Gllug] Resolving question

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Nov 30 15:29:45 UTC 2004

Jack,
  Short Answer: Yes

  Long Answer: Yes, that should solve your problem.

  All programs with very few exceptions (i.e. ones that implement their own
TCP stack etc) will use the resolv.conf file to configure DNS resolution.
If you put entries into the hosts file of the machine(s) in question, they
should prevent queries being sent to the DNS server for these entries.

Andrew Farnsworth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk