[Gllug] Re: Recommendation for Linux Server Monitoring

David Abbishaw David at Abbishaw.com
Tue Nov 30 15:30:56 UTC 2004

Well,  OK I decided to give nagios a go for this, Ive installed IHS the
IBM version of Apache (dont ask please :( ) and nagios but as ive seen
before the webserver only serves up the cgi wont execute it and for the
life of me I cant see whats wrong.  The files have +x to all users and the
webserver can obviouly read them as it will serve up the binary to my
browser.

Ive added the stuff below to the config file httpd.conf and AddHandler
cgi-script .cgi should be enough to get it to execute cgi, damn thing wont
even execute stuff from the default /cgi-bin directory.

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi