[Gllug] AMD64

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Nov 23 12:53:57 UTC 2004

George,
  Since no one has addressed this, I will :) The dual channel memory should
run find with any decent dimms so long as they are the same type and speed,
especially if ordered at the same time from the same vendor.  That said, you
may have issues if they have different numbers of chips etc which is usually
not the issue when ordered in pairs.  You should be find ordering a pair of
the eBuyer dimms unless you are going to try to massively overclock them or
run very very aggressive memory timings, but if what you want is just a
stable dual channel memory system, they should be fine as I have done
exactly this and it works.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and personal experience and is not a
guarantee :)

Andrew Farnsworth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk