[Gllug] Re: handhelds.org down?

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 17:16:12 UTC 2004

Hi

> Ipaq 5650.  Why?  £100 and it has built-in wireless and bluetooth.
> Now just to get rid of the annoying part.  (the OS)

My own 3870 is still rolling after about two years with Opie.   Makes
Wince look like some kind of nasty anal disease.

Never worked until I deleted Wince and installed Linux.  It crashed
twice this year due to me doing stupid things.  A friend at the Post
Office has had the same experience.

Even better just now is that I can get low cost MMC cards for it to
store DVD and MP3.  Although, I'm not sure whether there is a DVD
player for Opie and iPAQ.   Look out for the iPAQ keyboard.  I got
one for £60.  It's about 3/4 the size of a full-size keyboard.
Fantastic.

--
Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk