[Gllug] AMD64

George Wright gwright at kde.org
Tue Nov 23 17:39:41 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 16:44, Nick Warrington wrote:
> I have had a reasonably good experience installing Gentoo on a AMD64 on Via
> chipset.  I have not had any problems with any of the onboard devices yet,
> although I havn't tried to set up ALSA to get my sound running.

Do you have sound working at all using OSS or something similar? What about
onboard ethernet? The sound isn't too much of an issue as I have a PCI
SoundBlaster Live which I use instead of onboard but I sometimes use the
onboard as the line input on my SB is very quiet...

Thanks to all those who have replied!

--
George Wright, http://www.gwright.org.uk
KDE Developer - http://www.kde.org