[Gllug] USB A4 flatbed scanners

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Wed Nov 10 11:57:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:49:04 +0000, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:

> On a related issue, I've got some negatives which I'd like to put up
> on the web.  Standard way to do this would be to go to a photographic
> shop and have the photos developed onto a CD, but this costs loads of
> money.  I could scan in the negatives, but how would I "negate" them?
>
> Rich.

You need a scanner with transparency adaptor (it has a backlight) and
remember to scan at higher resoltions than normal as the image is small.

Then you'd need to inverse the image colours.

And then get rid of the Magenta cast somehow (predefined filter?) as
negatives have a natural orange cast, something to do with reducing
contrast if I remember rightly from when I used to sniff chemicals in the
darkroom!

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk