[Gllug] BBC TV streaming - anyone got this to work with Suse 9.1?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Wed Nov 24 22:21:41 UTC 2004

Dylan wrote:

>OK, exactly which service are you trying to use? For example, on
>www.bbc.co.uk/london I can stream the video via the "watch now" link

Thanks Dylan. Right, if I take that link straight off the bbc home page
where it says on the near-top right hand side "watch BBC news in video",
a reaplayer window opens up, then I get an error message saying "an
error occurred" with a couple of buttons. Press the details one and
nothing happens.

>top right under BBC London News. If I try to use the "Watch/listen to
>bbc news" link from www.bbc.co.uk on the other hand, Mozilla simply
>fails to render the embedded player

Ditto

> and Konq renders the page but has
>problems playing the streams.

Just crashed again for me (I've rebooted just to make sure nothing got
messed up in the course of some working).

> Which version of Realplayer do you have
>installed?

Oh eck now you're asking ... how do I find out? Think "pointy clicky"
and you've got the idea of my depth of knowledge .. there's an oxymoron
in there somewhere ...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk