[Gllug] Help With Virus

Kristian Davies kristian at ELIXIR-STUDIOS.CO.UK
Fri Nov 5 17:11:18 UTC 2004

|I guess the W32Beagle is spread in only windows and
|someone else is sending the mail bombs.Is there anyway
|i can find these are generated from inside?
|I appriciate any sugesstions.

Make sure the windows clients have an effective and up to date anti-virus
program installed and make sure it's not disabled :-)

Have a look at the headers and see if it came from your site, if not then
its someone who has you in their address book.

As the others have said, block port 25 for all but your mail servers.  I
also use clamAV on our postfix gateway, which seems really effective!!

-Kristian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk