[Gllug] re: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf debate

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue Nov 30 17:46:08 UTC 2004

Jan Minar writes:

>> This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) are confidential
>> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
>> whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
>> in error please notify the sender and delete the message.
>
>While getting a better MUA, You might get a better .signature as well.

To be fair to Tim, this is probably added automatically, and beyond
his control. OK, so it's pointless -- it *is* addresses to me. Were
it not, there's no way it could have ended up in my inbox. That's
how SMTP works. I also haven't received it in error. It was, after
all, addressed to me. Automated disclaimers like this are problematic
anyway. Try sending a config file via email. It's unlikely to work too
well with a disclaimer added to the bottom.

But try convincing the lawyers. I failed here. The sole saving grace is
that I don't currently have the manpower to implment an autoappending
signature. Even that will change in time...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk