[Gllug] re: hosts.conf/nsswitch.conf debate

Jan Minar jjminar at FastMail.FM
Tue Nov 30 17:18:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 04:56:53PM +0000, t.clarke wrote:
> I may be wrong, but it seems to be that nsswitch.conf defines the order

You are.  /etc/host.conf and /etc/hosts two different files, with
completely different purposes.  There is no /etc/hosts.conf.

Also, You might consider using a real MUA, which would at least not
mangle Subject, if it doesn't support threading via the In-Reply-To
headers.

> This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
> whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
> in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

While getting a better MUA, You might get a better .signature as well.

--
 )^o-o^|      e-mail : jjminar FastMail FM
 | .v  K      jabber : rdancer at NJS.NetLab.Cz
 `  - .'      phone  : +44(0)7981 738 696
  \ __/Jan    icq    : 345 355 493
 __|o|__Minář irc    : rdancer at IRC.FreeNode.Net