[Gllug] Epson Stylus Photo 2100 && Linux?

Robert Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Sat Nov 13 00:48:01 UTC 2004

Benedikt Heinen wrote:
> Or - in lieu of that particular printer - does anyone here have another
> (A3) photo printer and successfully used it under linux?

We have a Canon S9000 at home, though I have some recollection that this
particular model has been disconitnued? I have it on a server running
CUPS and it's shared to Windows hosts using Samba.  There isn't a
specific driver (that I'm aware of) but the Canon S800 gimp-print driver
works fine once you've configured the DPI correctly.  The Linux driver
doesn't support all the 'extra' stuff such as ink cartridge status and
so on, which is maybe the same as 'mostly supported' - but pictures come
out fine.

Rob

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk