[Gllug] Fwd: Creative Commons links

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Oct 8 13:53:05 UTC 2004

I thought this might interest people who didn't make it to the Lessig
speech on Monday.

Rich.

----- Forwarded message from Ian BROWN <I.Brown at cs.ucl.ac.uk> -----

Subject: Creative Commons links
From: Ian BROWN
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:21:10 +0100

Thanks again for coming to Larry Lessig's presentation at UCL earlier this
week. As promised, here are some URLs where you get more information and
participate in the development of the Creative Commons UK project.

Thanks to Mark Simpkins, we have the audio of the presentation at:
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Brown/cc/lessig-ucl.wav (80MB)

To discuss the UK licences, you can join the cc-uk mailing list:

The UK project pages are at:
http://creativecommons.org/projects/international/uk/

Derek Wyatt MP asked me to point out that the All-Party Internet Group, which
he chairs, is holding a meeting on copyright and Digital Rights Management next
month. The agenda is not quite yet finalised, but keep an eye on
http://www.apig.org.uk/ where it will be published. The event will take place
on 29 November at the National Liberal Club, 1 Whitehall Place, from 2pm until
6pm.

Please do look at these pages, spread the word about Creative Commons, and
perhaps even publish some Creative Commons-licenced works yourself!

With best regards,
Ian Brown.
- --
+44 7970 164 526 / http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/I.Brown/