[Gllug] Newbie needs help!

Andy McCall andy.mccall at aqualona.com
Wed Oct 20 09:40:14 UTC 2004

Hi Guys

Please treat me kindly, my names Andy McCall (42 living in London,
married with 2 kids, thumbnail sketch over;-)  ),  and I am a complete
newbie to Linux, but it seems that it may be the answer to my prayers.

Digging around in my loft I found an old Compaq LTE Lite 4/25E (486)
mono laptop, 12Mb ram and have managed to upgrade the hard drive to
800Mb. It has no built in CD Rom but does have a floppy drive and I have
a parallel port CDR.

My question is this, is there a distro available that will work with
what I've got giving me access to WP and Spreadsheets?

All answers gratefully received

Andy