[Gllug] Is it just me or is www.hmce.gov.uk broken?

Pip gl.lug at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 10 10:22:10 UTC 2004

On Sunday 10 Oct 2004 10:56, will wrote:

> Actually, the filename suffix is not an issue, you can call a file
> whatever you like,

Not in my set-up you can't. If I take an html file and call it lmth instead,
Opera will display the source as text. I think that's fairly common, where
the extension is used to determine the action the browser takes.

> the problem is that they are sending back a
Maybe so, but what happens if you are sending back the correct content type
with the incorrect extension? Does the former override the latter? It seems
not to do so with Opera, Firefox, Dillo or Konqueror.

Pip
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk