[Gllug] xbox linux

Simon Jakesch simon.jakesch at proxima-tech.com
Mon Oct 18 08:03:48 UTC 2004

There is one more thing to consider if you buy yourself
one. The problem is that the DVD-ROM drives that MS puts
into the boxes are mostly shit. they put 3 different ones
(samsung, philips, thompson) all execept the samsung are
completly unusable. they sometimes even have problems with
barnd new xbox games (and won't ever play *-r, *-rw) . so
you might consider getting a new dvd-r drive afterwards and
putting it in.
there is a particiualr model from samsun that when flashed
with firmware and slightly changed hardware wise is exactly
what you need.
just thought i'd mention that

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk