[Gllug] [OT]Reforming wayward web designers

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 11:39:13 UTC 2004

David Damerell wrote:

> This is not a new fact; however, from my point of view, the fact that
> the DDA may well force these idiots to select more usable designs can
> only be good.

Can you please explain why the desire to produce anything more than a plain
vanilla 2/3 column layout renders one an 'idiot'? Attractive, original
layouts with appealing graphics may not be the norm in your industry but
they certainly are in the commercial world. Since when was restricting a
craftsman's range of options a sign of technological advance?

Garry

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk