[Gllug] [OT]Reforming wayward web designers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Oct 10 23:48:38 UTC 2004

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004, Tethys said:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
>>If you want to get the _best_ typeset book you'll ever read, I
>>recommend:

Better-typeset than Knuth? Wow. :)

> Anyone even remotely interested in typography should own a copy of
> Bringhurst's "Elements of typographic style".

Seconded (and thirded and fourthed and fifthed by my imaginary
friends). An excellent book.

Its Amazon reviews have a huge pile of five-stars... with one one-star
one from someone who was annoyed that it hadn't told him how to `get
more creative using and combining different fonts' on webpages. (No,
that's not what it's for. It also doesn't tell you how to injure
yourself with kitchen knives.)

--
`I agree that school is a learning environment, and learning to
 intimidate others -- aka "social skills" -- is part of that.'
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk