[Gllug] Newbie needs help!

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Wed Oct 20 14:31:04 UTC 2004

And verily, didst John Hearns announce to the hordes:
> However, you might consult the 4MB Laptop Howto - written by our very
> own Bruce Richardson. There - he's beeling now.
>
> I doubt you'll get any useable X performance on 12M though.

Dunno why not, I started out on an 8meg 486 back in 99 with suse 5.2.
X, the base os, netscape, various other things, all sat quite nicely on a
300 meg hard disk back then.

Perhaps rather than try the latest and greatest, a "fallback" to earlier
versions of linux will reduce the size enough to make 12meg bearable.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk