[Gllug] Still no decent FTP client for Linux?

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 15:42:58 UTC 2004

Ian Norton wrote:

> using nautilus or konqueror as an ftp client will give you a tree on the left
> and files on the right, you can just drag and drop like normal. i dont see
> what you are getting at?

Select, say 20 files, from different (sub-)directories and drag all of them
over in one go?

Anyway, I was shown the way to Firefox's FTP plugin which has everything I need.

> the later versions of gftp are good, but tbh the desktop integrated ones like
> the konqueror or nautilus way are alot easier, especially if you use sftp and
> ssh-keys with them. (otherwise you might aswell just ftp your password list to
> your website)
>
> Ian

gFTP is the only app which crashes regularly on my various Fedora 1/2
installations. I only need to select Bookmarks after editing Bookmarks and,
poof, it's gone ..... just like Kevin Spacey/Keiser Soze :-)

Garry

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk